BasicsThe idea is to have the save games stored in the cloud, linked to our cloud client's directory, so when they're modified, they will be updated in the cloud as well as the other devices we're playing from.
Setup (only needed once)First of all, make a backup of your save game folder (just in case), then follow these steps:
- Create a folder inside Google Drive's folder for your save games.
- Find your game's save game location. (Google is your friend)
- Copy the save game folder to the one created in Google Drive.
We have to do the following in every computer we want to have synced with the save games:
- Go to your game's save location and rename or delete the folder.
- Open a command window in the same location and type the following:
mklink /J <Save game Folder> <GDrive Folder>
Example for Civilization V:
mklink /J "C:\Users\<User>\Documents\My Games\Civilization V\Saves" "D:\Google Drive\Savegames\Civilization V\Saves"
You can change Google Drive for Dropbox or use another client.